We're brining bocce back and we're coming back to the backyard of our Bocce HQ, Bridge 410. We've put a lot of thought into the return and really look forward to the unique backyard vibes we'll be able to provide.
We'll set up 3 courts with plenty of space and one court will be featured on the live stream! We're emphasizing people having their own "things" (more on that later) and we'll be able to get away with BYOB with a group this size—but please no food!
The whole Return to Play Plan and Policies are here, but I'll call attention to a few here.
- Teams will consist of 2 players and you'll play on the same side, walking the court between frames. You'll play 2 back-to-back games a week (different opponents).
- The season will be 4-weeks in total: 3-week regular season and 1-week playoff.
- Every ball will go through a 5-step process throughout the run of games: 1) Rinse, 2) Soap & scrub (20-sec), 3) Rinse, 4) Air dry (5-min), 5) Towel dry before play resumes. Additionally, teams will have their own pallino and players will have their own balls.
- Masks will be worn by all when within 6' of fellow players. Referees will wear masks. Exceptions for drinking, but not holding a drink.
- Positive tests will be kept confidential and communicated to the rest of the league. Teams will have the option to withdraw in the case of a reported positive test.
League Details: Week 1 is Sunday, July 12th and the Week 4 Playoffs are scheduled for Sunday, August 2nd. First games get rolling at 2:00pm and the last at 6:00. We will play in the Bridge 410 backyard unless rain pushes us indoors. It is BYOB.
ABC League Standards: A team consists of 2 players and is encouraged to have an alternate in mind. Subs will have to come from outside of the league. League dues are $200/team with a 50% non-refundable deposit. Your spot in the league is not guaranteed until the balance is at $0. Game time needs and requests are accommodated to the best of our ability and in priority order of registration. If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.