Bocce Beer Repeat
WNB Half Acre Balmoral
LEAGUE STARTS IN
This league begins Wednesday April 01st, 2020
[March 17th] We do not know how this season will proceed. We are reaching out to all registered teams via email. We ask that no one else registers at this time. Please and thank you. Be well. Stay safe.
[March 11th] We are putting leagues on hold til we learn more about how to keep our players safe and do our part in not aiding the spread of the virus. We will get leagues started as soon as we can feel confident in the safety of our players and the community at large. We hope that is within a few weeks. When games do get rolling, we will have sanitization practices in place. Those can be found below league details and ABC standards. For now, we encourage you to sign up and stay tuned if you're looking to scratch your bocce itch.
Talkin' this league
Beer nerds and bocce nerds unite! Our latest installment of WNB (Wednesday Night Bocce) is like a bocce league and a private brewery tour in one. Nestled between the tanks and barrels on the production side of Half Acre Balmoral's taproom will be two of our portable bocce courts.
Teams will enjoy rotating seasonal beers from one of the Midwest's most iconic brewers.
Per usual, each team will enjoy two games a night for six weeks, and on the seventh week we put a big red bow on the end of the bocce year with an epic night of playoffs. We kick the league off on 3/18 and wrap on 4/29.
Teams compete with four players per game and can keep up to eight on your roster. Games will roll between 6:30 p.m. and 10:00 p.m. Subs are cool, forfeits aren't. There is absolutely no skill necessary and we are happy to help play bocce matchmaker for any free agents or incomplete squads.
Email us at email@example.com with any questions. Otherwise hit that Join League button and we'll take care of the rest!
At league sanitation steps
- Wash hands upon arrival. We encourage all players to wash their hands properly upon arrival at the venue. This is not news to anyone, but it is worth repeating: Proper washing of hands is the first line of defense.
- Hand sanitizer at all courts. An extra layer of defense on top of the handwashing. Available before, during and after games.
- Disinfecting wipes for the balls. Between games, we will be wiping the balls down with disinfecting wipes. An important note here is that the drying process is when the contagion killing happens. Wipes dry more quickly, hence that’s our between game process.
- Bleaching balls at the end of the night. We’ll soak the balls in a bleach+water mixture upon conclusion of each league night and allow them to air dry.
- Plans for substitute players. We encourage all teams to have their own sub plan and to utilize it if a player is not feeling well. We will also develop a sub pool that can be called to action.