BREWS AND BOCCE - SPRING HAS SPRUNG
LEAGUE STARTS IN
This league begins Tuesday March 24th, 2020
We are putting leagues on hold til we learn more about how to keep our players safe and do our part in not aiding the spread of the virus. We will get leagues started as soon as we can feel confident in the safety of our players and the community at large. We hope that is within a few weeks. When games do get rolling, we will have sanitization practices in place. Those can be found below league details and ABC standards. For now, we encourage you to sign up and stay tuned if you're looking to scratch your bocce itch.
Talkin' this league
Indoor bocce is back in Detroit!
Our SPRING leagues are starting back up and I hope you've got a team ready to take the turf! Our social sports league meets up each Tuesday at Brew Detroit. Heavy emphasis on SOCIAL. Join our special blend of camaraderie and competition for a 7-week season kicking off on March 24th! Teams of 4 play two games a week for six weeks and finish off with epic playoffs and season celebration on Tuesday, MAY 5th. Things get epic on the bocce battlefield!
So find your best squad of four or more, and sign up today. In addition to the bocce you'll enjoy great specials on craft beer and wine, Stroh's, weekly mini games and prizes, team taco dinners, and plenty more.
Never played before? Don't worry. No skill necessary. We'll get you rolling like a champ in no time. Just remember our golden rule: players must have a beverage in hand to throw!
If you have any questions or need help fielding a team hit up email@example.com .
At league sanitation steps
- Wash hands upon arrival. We encourage all players to wash their hands properly upon arrival at the venue. This is not news to anyone, but it is worth repeating: Proper washing of hands is the first line of defense.
- Hand sanitizer at all courts. An extra layer of defense on top of the handwashing. Available before, during and after games.
- Disinfecting wipes for the balls. Between games, we will be wiping the balls down with disinfecting wipes. An important note here is that the drying process is when the contagion killing happens. Wipes dry more quickly, hence that’s our between game process.
- Bleaching balls at the end of the night. We’ll soak the balls in a bleach+water mixture upon conclusion of each league night and allow them to air dry.
- Plans for substitute players. We encourage all teams to have their own sub plan and to utilize it if a player is not feeling well. We will also develop a sub pool that can be called to action.