We're brining bocce back and we're coming back to the beloved back patio courts of Cleo's. We've put a lot of thought into the return and really look forward to the unique bocce arena vibes we'll be able to provide with the Cleo's homies.
We'll be on their 2 built-in courts with the arena to ourselves. Cleo's and ABC are still rocking with Goose Island and Fernet Branca and we highly recommend their goods when you're thirsty.
The whole Return to Play Plan and Policies are here, but I'll call attention to a few here.
- Teams will consist of 2 players and you'll play on the same side and due to space considerations at Cleo's, you'll always play on the "ivy" side. You'll play 2 back-to-back games a week (different opponents).
- The season will be 4-weeks in total: 3-week regular season and 1-week playoff.
- Every ball will go through a cleaning process before it hits your hand and once you have your two balls, they're yours for the run of games. Additionally, teams will almost always have their own pallino and when that's not possible, Lysol wipes will be utilized.
- Masks will be worn by all when within 6' of fellow players. League officials will wear masks. Exceptions for drinking, but not holding a drink.
- Positive tests will be kept confidential and communicated to the rest of the league. Teams will have the option to withdraw in the case of a reported positive test.
League Details: Week 1 is Tuesday, August 18th and the Week 4 Playoffs are scheduled for Tuesday, September 8th. First wave of games get rolling at 6:30pm and the last at 9:30. We will play unless rain pushes us off the courts.
ABC League Standards: A team consists of 2 players and is encouraged to have an alternate in mind. League dues are $200/team with a 50% non-refundable deposit. Your spot in the league is not guaranteed until the balance is at $0. Game time needs and requests are accommodated to the best of our ability and in priority order of registration. If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.