Bocce is back and thriving in the backyard of our Bocce HQ, Bridge 410. We've put a lot of thought into the return and the unique backyard vibes have been oh so rewarding.
We set up 3 courts with plenty of space and seating. We're emphasizing people having their own "things" (more on that later) and we'll be able to get away with BYOB with a group this size—but please no food!
Like everything these days, we have our plans and we get whatever 2020 has in store. So, there is a chance that dates change and other alterations will be required to complete the season.
The whole Return to Play Plan and Policies are here, but I'll call attention to a few here.
- Teams will consist of 2 players and you'll play on the same side, walking the court between frames. You'll generally play 2 back-to-back games a week (different opponents) and will always be with the same "wave" of players with minimal overlap.
- The season will be 4-weeks in total: 3-week regular season and 1-week playoff.
- Every ball will go through a cleaning process before it hits your hand and once you have your two balls, they're yours for the run of games. Additionally, teams will almost always have their own pallino and when that's not possible, Lysol wipes will be utilized.
- Masks will be worn by all when within 6' of fellow players. League officials will wear masks. Exceptions for drinking, but not holding a drink.
- Positive tests will be kept confidential and communicated to the rest of the league. Teams will have the option to withdraw in the case of a reported positive test.
League Details: Week 1 is Wednesday, August 19th and the Week 4 Playoffs are scheduled for Thursday, September 9th. First games get rolling at 6:30pm and the last at 9:15. We will play in the Bridge 410 backyard. It is BYOB.
ABC League Standards: A team consists of 2 players and is encouraged to have an alternate in mind. League dues are $200/team with a 50% non-refundable deposit (full refund policy here). Your spot in the league is not guaranteed until the balance is at $0. Game time needs and requests are accommodated to the best of our ability and in priority order of registration. If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.