[March 17th] We do not know how this season will proceed. We are reaching out to all registered teams via email. We ask that no one else registers at this time. Please and thank you. Be well. Stay safe.
[March 11th] We are putting leagues on hold til we learn more about how to keep our players safe and do our part in not aiding the spread of the virus. We will get leagues started as soon as we can feel confident in the safety of our players and the community at large. We hope that is within a few weeks. When games do get rolling, we will have sanitization practices in place. Those can be found below league details and ABC standards. For now, we encourage you to sign up and stay tuned if you're looking to scratch your bocce itch.
Intimate and engaging.
By unscrewing a couple of tables and laying out two portable courts, we quickly transform this indie distillery into a bocce paradise on Thursday nights. Chicago Distilling Co is an absolute gem in the heart of Logan Square, and we're thrilled to have it as our second-longest venue partner for leagues.
The warm lighting, inviting bar, and top-notch cocktails surround the gameplay, as teams enjoy two games a night. There's always a $5 cocktail on special, and CDCo has in-house kiosks that deliver food from Mini Mott very quickly.
Two courts mean this league sells out at 16 teams. We mix the start times up all season long, but there are a couple teams that stay early and a couple that stay late and you can always make your requests and we'll always do our best to make them reality. Know that it goes in order of registration, though: so sign up early and you have the best chance at your heart's exact desires.
League Details: Season begins Thursday, March 19th. Playoffs are Thursday, April 30th. First games get rolling at 6:30 and the last at 10:00.
ABC League Standards: A team can roster 4-8 players and may use subs not on the roster. If you want to play don't have a full squad, contact email@example.com and he'll get ya moving in the right direction. League dues are $300/team. Your spot in the league is not guaranteed until the balance is at $0. Games are played 4v4 and your team gets two games a night for the six-week regular season. All teams play in a one-night playoff. The season schedule is made before the balls begin to roll. Game time needs and requests are accommodated to the best of our ability and in priority order of registration.
At league sanitation steps
- Wash hands upon arrival. We encourage all players to wash their hands properly upon arrival at the venue. This is not news to anyone, but it is worth repeating: Proper washing of hands is the first line of defense.
- Hand sanitizer at all courts. An extra layer of defense on top of the handwashing. Available before, during and after games.
- Disinfecting wipes for the balls. Between games, we will be wiping the balls down with disinfecting wipes. An important note here is that the drying process is when the contagion killing happens. Wipes dry more quickly, hence that’s our between game process.
- Bleaching balls at the end of the night. We’ll soak the balls in a bleach+water mixture upon conclusion of each league night and allow them to air dry.
- Plans for substitute players. We encourage all teams to have their own sub plan and to utilize it if a player is not feeling well. We will also develop a sub pool that can be called to action.