SOLD OUT! To join the wait list, email firstname.lastname@example.org
32 teams enter and are drawn into 8 groups of 4. The tournament is split into Qualifying evenings and Championship day. Your group will play it's qualifying round games in a single evening (Tuesday, Jan 12 - Friday, Jan 15). The two teams that qualify for the Championship day will play for the title on Sunday, January 17th.
The North Stars of the tournament:
- Safety. We're keeping the number of people present at one time low—only 8 teams (of 2 players) present at any one time. We're playing at Bridge 410 and have indoor options with a lot of air flow ready and can set up outside if weather allows.
- Fair and balanced. We'll exercise a bit of control when drawing teams into their respective groups so that there is parity from group to group. (Email if you want to know more.)
- Lots of games. The qualifying round begins with a round robin and concludes with a best of 3 series. Your group will all play on the same court (and all courts will be set up on concrete). So, everyone will play 3 games, half the field will play 5 or 6, and the finalists will play up to 11 games.\
- Dope shit. The first 20 teams to enter will receive special edition commemorative hoodies (design below). After that, we'll randomly draw teams til all the sweatshirts have been given away. We've also got surprises for teams that don't get a shot at qualification. Finally, biggest cash prize pool yet.
- Last tournament before the first Tournament of Champions!
Since this is a tricky time and things can change rapidly, we want to assure you all that registration for this tournament is risk free. If Chicago/the world goes sideways and we can't execute the tournament anywhere close to how it was planned, then you'll all be refunded. If you have to forfeit your spot in the tournament, then you'll be refunded and it'll go to a team on the wait list.
By now, you know us and trust us. We'll set this up to keep us all safe and entertained. If we have to move the game days around a bit, then we'll do so in good faith and with full communication. We all want to toss stones and win games, so we're setting that up in the best way we possibly can. Finally and most importantly, thank you!